The 9th International Workshop on Parallel Matrix Algorithms and Applications (PMAA16) will be held in Bordeaux (France) and will run from July 6 to 8, 2016.
The workshop aims at being a forum for an exchange of ideas, insights and experiences in different areas of parallel computing (Multicore, Manycores and GPU) and applications in which matrix algorithms are employed.
The PMAA16 workshop will bring together experts and researchers from diverse disciplines with a common interest in matrix computation. The purpose of the workshop is to discuss recent developments in various aspects of parallel matrix algorithms and to bring together mathematicians, computational scientists and engineers.
The workshop will focus on:
- Parallel methods for solving large sparse or dense linear systems of equations.
- Parallel eigenvalue and singular value computations.
- Automatic tuning and performance modeling.
- Novel architectural paradigms (e.g. accelerator and multicore) and their use in matrix computations and applications.
- Large scale scientific applications from diverse fields which have an emphasis on parallel matrix computation.
We invite you to submit scientific contributions in all fields of numerical analysis, scientific and industrial applications, software development, and high performance computing. From the submissions received, the Organizing Committee will select papers to be presented as oral contributions. We hope that this opportunity to present and discuss science will interest you, and we look forward to seeing you in Bordeaux!
Papers presented at the PMAA16 and submissions on closely related topics will be considered for publication in a special issue of of Parallel Computing after a peer review process. They must be submitted electronically via Elsevier’s online submission system at http://ees.elsevier.com/parco/.